Instead of ditching the diet and caving into your ice cream craving this bank holiday weekend, try our amazing healthy homemade yoghurt bark instead!
It’s totally healthy, high in protein, full of vitamins & nutrients AND really easy to make!
- 200g Greek yoghurt (can use low fat to keep the calories down)
- 100g blueberries*
- 100g strawberries*
- 30g pomegranate seeds
- 2tbsp honey (or sweetener of your choice)
- Desiccated coconut (unsweetened)
- Finely chop the strawberries and mash up half the blueberries
- Add the chopped/mashed fruit and the honey to the yoghurt, and stir well
- Pour into a shallow baking tray and sprinkle with the coconut & pomegranate
- Freeze for at least 6 hours
- Flip the baking tray onto a chopping board (the yoghurt ‘block’ should just fall out)
- Break into shards (using a knife works well, just be careful!)
- Keep in the freezer and enjoy a chunk as and when you fancy it!
*You can mix it up and use whatever berries you like; be experimental and tag us in your creations @Chelt_Fitness (Instagram) or @Cheltenham Women’s Fitness (Facebook)!
Sam Neades – Owner & Head Coach – Cheltenham Women’s Fitness